Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Egypt Travel - The 3rd day (4/30) Giza one day tour


Schedule

○Giza One day Sightseeing
  ・Memphis
  ・Dahshur
  ・Saqqara
  ・Giza

○Night Sightseeing
  ・Pyramid sound and light show

○Hotel
  Delta Pyramids Hotel (the same as the previous day)

This day, I traveled whole day around Giza (Memphis ~ Dahshur ~ Saqqara ~ Giza) using the taxi I asked previous day.
This is the place where I wanted to go the most in this trip - Ruins of Old Kingdom Egypt, including the Pyramids, which was in the distant past of 26-25 century BC.
Capital Memphis at the time and pyramids made in surrounding area of Dahshur, Saqqara, and Giza, compose the world heritage site of "Memphis and its Necropolis"
After I saw these site in daytime, I also went to the Pyramids of Giza at night and watched Sound & Light show.

Hotel

When I got up in the morning, I could see the Pyramids from the window.


It was a wonderful view.


Breakfast was also delicious.

And I got $80 back at the reception because they had taken my reservation from the agent.

As it became 8 o'clock when I was to meet the driver, I went out to the next cafe of meeting place.

Taxi

When arriving at the cafe a little before 8 o'clock, the driver had not come yet. when I was taking shisha at cafe, the driver came.

(Driver) Good morning. you are very early.
(I) I'm came out in a hurry because it is 8 o'clock but you hadn't come. then I'm using shisha. go now?
(Driver) It's too early. you can take it slowly.

Wall clock in the cafe was pointing to past 7:00 yet.
Though I set my watch at Doha, I forgot to fix the time difference of one hour since I came to Cairo.

(I) It's DOHA time!
(Driver) It's early morning, so we have enough time to go to Dahshur. but Dahshur is not in the first schedule. the additional cost is 50 Egyptian Pound, so total is 300. is it right?
(I) Yeah, well, yes.

(Driver) At first we go to Memphis, Dahshur, Saqqara, and after lunch we go to Giza. of course you can go into the Pyramids.
(I) I understand.


I went out by taxi.

Memphis musium

At first I went to the Memphis. it was one hour by taxi.
This is the place where the first capital of the Egyptian Old Kingdom. there is a museum now.


Ramses II statue.


Sphinx.


There were many other ruins.

Dahshur

Next I headed Dahshur. there were two Pyramids which Sneferu (2613 - 2589 BC), who was father of Khufu, built during Memphis was the capital.


Red Pyramid.
Pyramid had been made in a staircase pattern a long time ago, but it seemed the first non-step pyramid (True Pyramid)
* At the next destination Saqqara, there was the older style step Pyramid. and the Great Pyramids of Giza, which are also true pyramids, was built by the son, the grandchild, and the great-grandchild of its founder Sneferu.

This pyramid was able to get inside through the hole in the middle.


It was very hot with steamed inside.


This is the Bent Pyramid which has changed the angle of inclination.

Saqqara

Saqqara is the biggest tomb ruins (Necropolis) in the age that Memphis was the capital.


In this site, most noticeable thing is the step pyramid of Djoser. it seems the oldest stone building in the world made 2650 BC.


This is funerary temple.
It seems to be called Djoser Complex in conjunction with them.


Ruins next to the pyramid.
There were another ruins few minuts by car.


In the movie.


I could see the murals and hieroglyphs.

The Three Pyramids of Giza

It was already past the noon. but I came to the pyramids of Giza before lunch.




The movie is the pyramid of Khufu.
And the picture is the Great Pyramids of Giza from panoramic view point.

・The left pyramid is the Pyramid of Khufu. it is the biggest of the three. Khufu is the father of Chephren.

・The middle pyramid is the Pyramid of Chephren. dressed stone is left at the top. Chephren is the father of Menkaure.

・The right pyramid is the Pyramid of Menkaure.

Sneferu who built Red Pyramid or Bent Pyramid in Dahshur was the father of Khufu. the famous pyramids were built by four generations. moreover 2500 BC. it was Jomon era in Japan at which people had no characters. it is very awesome, isn't it?

I went to the inside of the Pyramid of Khufu.


It was also hot with steamed inside. there was a steep slope. there was also the ceiling whose rock had been piled up in the zigzag. there wasn't any picture, but sacrophagus at the far end.

I already achieved most of the purpose of the trip. . .

But a lot of Egyptian people spoke to me again.
After buying tickets, there were people who took my ticket. he went to have my tickets without asking. and he said me to pay the money for the guide at last.

I ignored him. but he and my driver had heavily quarreled. finally I paid only 10 Egyptian pounds to him.

My taxi driver said to me "Go with him.". and also said to me "Return in 20 minutes."
I eagerly insisted not to go with him, but my driver didn't change his opinion. "tell you what the next will do after you come back. so you return in 20 minutes". . .


I went through the side of the pyramid with such a Egyptian stranger.


Queen Hetepheres' Tombs.
He explained me in this site.


He said "please ride a horse. it's free."
"For free?" I rode on horse.


On the back of the horse.

I could see Sphinx over there. it was at a little bit distance.
Then he said "do you want to go on the horse?"
But it was already past 20 minutes. "no thanks. time is over. go return."

I got off on my own from the horse. and return to my taxi ignoring him.
He and my driver had more heavily quarreled. but I said "he surely said it's free. so I don't know what you say."

When arriving at the front of the Sphinx by taxi, my driver said to me "I ask you only to take picture from this. I beg you. please. . . "


KFC

Finally lunch time came.
It was a lunch at Kentucky Fried Chicken in front of Sphinx.


The thing Sphinx directly stares at. . .  it's KFC.
It was delicious.

Then one day tour was over. I returned to hotel.

Sound & Light show

I again used this taxi at evening. this was night tour.
I went to see The Pyramids - Sound & Light show.


It was using laser on the screen of Sphinx and the three pyramids.
Rather than enjoy the light and sound, it was something to hear the commentary.


I took good pictures.

Dinner

I ate local Egyptian cuisine for dinner with the taxi driver.


It was a strong flavor.
Though chicken was delicious very much, I also had eaten chicken at lunch. I didn't eat a lot.

I was to go to see Abu Simbel by airplane the next day.

Next: Egypt Travel - The 4th day (5/1) Abu Simbel to Aswan

See from beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment