Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Egypt Travel - Before departure


It became the Golden Week in Japan I've been waiting for.

From tomorrow, I will go to Egypt that I craved.

It was last November that is near half a year ago, when I booked flight tickets.
Speaking of 2011 November, it was severe confused time when demo or riot occurred everyday, pyramid was closed, or presidential election was planned.

At that time, when I was unintentionally look at the site treating discount airline tickets, I found cheap Egypt flight tickets. so I was immediately purchase them.

Such a flight was like this.

bound for Cairo
    28 APR 20:50 Narita → 29 APR 5:15 Doha
    29 APR 13:50 Doha → 29 APR 16:15 Cairo
return from Cairo
    5 MAY 17:45 Cairo → 5 MAY 22:00 Doha
    6 MAY 00:50 Doha → 6 MAY 19:20 Narita
All flights will be operated by Qatar Airways
Airfare was \34,000. and it was \76,000 all other cost included such as commission, surcharge and so on.
I bought this ticket immediately after I found it. but this ticket was sold out only one hour later. I could have bought so luckily.

I had enough time of half a year to prepare and plan this travel.
This is the schedule.

Schedule

28 APR
    The departure time of airplane is 9:20 pm at Narita airport. I bought Narita Express to arrive Narita Intl Airport three hours before the flights since it may be crowded because of the first day of Golden week of Japan.
    I will leave home past 15 o'clock.

29 APR
    I will arrive at Qatar past 5:00 at dawn, and stay up to 14:00.
    I am to go out in the city. though I couldn't find the place where I want to see so much, I think to take a walk around old city where there is a market of Souk.
    Date palm seems to be famous in Qatar. if I find it, I would like to eat it. I will arrive at Cairo at night, and will go to hotel in Giza by taxi. I already booked a hotel within walking distance from the Pyramid. I am going to see the sound and light show of night light up.

30 APR
    This day, I will go to the Pyramid, and eat lunch at famous Kentucky before the Sphinx. I also want to do taxi tour of Memphis, Dahshur, and Saqqara.

1 MAY
    From Cairo to Aswan to Abu Simbel by domestic airpline.
    After watching Abu Simbel, I'll again get on an airplane to Aswan.
    The places where I wanted to see in Aswan are nearly crowded, so I would rather go around in this area this day.
    I booked Philae hotel for this night, which is most expensive hotel in this trip.
    ・・・ it is however $60 per night, which is a little less than 5000 yen.
    [PHILAE HOTEL]
    http://philae-hotel.com/

2 MAY
    From Aswan to Luxor by train.
    I will either spend to see Aswan in the morning, or go early to Luxor to walking around the east coast of Luxor. I am going to spend something like that.

    [Little Garden Hotel]
    http://www.littlegardenhotel.com/
    I paid for this hotel by Euro. it is 14€. 
3 MAY
    Luxor sightseeing. I will go to both east coast and west coast. I'lll also see Vally of Kings where Tutankhamun's tomb was discovered.
    I am go to Cairo by sleeper train at night.

4 MAY
    Cairo sightseeing. I want to see Archaeological museum, and also go to world heritage of Islam district.
    I think that I will see belly dance show on the cruise ship called Golden Pharaoh. I should book when I went there.
    I will stay the guest house of 125 Egyptian pound per night. It may be a luxury room with air-conditioned private room among guest house.

    [SARA INN HOSTEL]
    http://www.sarainnhostel.com/

5 MAY
    The second day of Cairo sightseeing. I'll spend whole day and take a flight of evening.

6 MAY
    I'll transit in Qatar as well as coming to Cairo. but I have only three hours in Qatar though I have 9 hours when coming. it is about 20 o'clock at night as I come back to Japan.

As I already booked all the hotel and airplane, I want to travel whole route without breaking physical condition.
Though India travel I went last year was very carefully planned, this travel was also carefully planned.

Then, I'll go to Egypt.

maruton

Continued on Egypt travel - The first day (28 APR), Departure.

No comments:

Post a Comment