Sunday, May 12, 2013

Machu Picchu Travel #10 - The fifth day (5.1) #1, Departure to Machu Picchu by train in early morning, Machu Picchu sightseeing, then stay there.

Japanese Korean

Schedule

○Train
  7:42 CUSCO → 10:51 Machu Picchu
  * Train type: Expedition ($68)

○Hotel
  Sol de Oro (←I booked this hotel. but it had a problem, so I stayed another hotel.)
  The place which I stayed actually was Machu Picchu Hostal (Machu Picchu)

On this day I left early in the morning and went to Machu Picchu.
Though departure time of train was 7:42 on this schedule, hotel owner told me that I had to go to the station of Cusco before 6:30 a.m.
I thought I had enough time to enjoy Machu Picchu beforehand, I also encountered some troublesome. things

It took about 4 hours to go to Machu Picchu by Peru Rail.
The distance of the two is 150km. Cusco (mark C in the picture) is about altitude 3,400m, and Machu Picchu (mark D in the picture: which nearly overlaps with C, and is located in the northwest of Cusco) is about altitude 2,000m. So it seems that we don't worry about altitude sickness so much in Machu Picchu.

The morning of the Hotel

I woke up early in the morning before 5 AM, and ate breakfast.
My condition was really good.

After breakfast, I used desktop computer.
I couldn't use such marks as ' and @ because of spanish keyboard. so I had to search "at mark" or "single quotation" by google, and copy & paste from search results.
Here is such diary though another blog.

[Now I'm in Cusco]
http://marutontravel-machupicchu.blogspot.jp/2013/05/now-im-in-cusco.html

The clothes washed previous day were still wet. so had to bring as luggage into vinyl.

As hotel staff said me the day before, I went to Wanchaq station before 6:25 by taxi, and boarded the bus.

Bus


View from the car window was also very nice.


Train

I did a transfer on the train at another station. and went to Machu Picchu.

From the car window of Peru Rail.


I arrived at Machu Picchu station.

And I went to the hotel of Sol de Oro which I had booked in Japan.

Hotel Sol de Oro

This hotel was in a location that was very difficult to find.
I got lost my way and asked many people the way to this hotel, went here and there, finally arrived. it was about 20 minutes to find it.

Excuse me~.
Excuse me~.

There was no answer.
The door was locked. windows were open and there were luggage of  travelers on the floor.

Because it can't be helped, I went back to the station and talked station staff.

(I) Excuse me, I came Machu Picchu today. and I  went to the Hotel I booked. but nobody in it. where do you know I  can put my luggage. (such english. . . . )
(Station Staff) Do you want to know where your hotel is?
(I) No, I found my hotel. but nobody in it.
(Station Staff) Which hotel did you booked?
(I) Sol de Oro. I found this.
(Station Staff) What do you want?

It was not possible to communicate with her. . . .

We communicated with google translation.

And. . . .
I left my luggage at the station.
It might have been able to communicate her if I said just "Please keep my luggage".

Lunch

I was very hungry. I thought to eat Pizza for lunch.

(I) I want to eat Pizza.
(Staff) Oh, Pizza is a good choice. right this way.

(I) Pizza please.
(Staff) OK

After a while. . .

(Staff) I'm sorry. we have prepared now, but are taking longer. you have to wait 30 minutes or more. what time your train?
(I) I am going to go to Machu Picchu. I can't wait so long time. I will go another restaurant.
(Staff) I'm so sorry.

I went into another restaurant a few doors down.
(I) Pizza please.
(Staff) How about toppings?
(I) I'd like anchovies and mushrooms and seasonal vegetables.

It's coming.
It was very delicious.

But. . . .
Outside, suddenly it had become the downpour.

Next: Machu Picchu Travel #11 - The fifth day (5.1) #2, Departure to Machu Picchu by train in early morning, Machu Picchu sightseeing, then stay there.

See from beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment