Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Machu Picchu Travel #14 - The sixth day (5.2) #2, Huaynapicchu Climing in Machu Picchu, then to Cusco.

Japanese Korean

I decided to try to go to MUSEO (museum) on the way to Machu Picchu village, which I could not go the previous day.

(I) Driver, museo!

I asked directly to the driver, and I got off on the way from the bus.

MUSEO

I arrived at MUSEO to walk about 5 minutes off the bus.

(I) Excuse me. I have a ticket of yesterday. but I could not come yesterday. . . can I enter with this ticket?
(Staff) It's OK. go ahead.

I could get inside by this ticket.

In this museum, it were mainly explanations of panel than exhibits.
The explanation was written in spanish, english and few other languages. but not written in japanese.
I think that it was written in easy sentence but it was too large amount so I saw just the atmosphere from the middle. . . .

Long ago, the city of Machu Picchu has been constructed of two parts, one was agricultural land and the other was urban area. they had excellent skill of water treatment. Inca people seemed to have believed a life after death judging from the artifact of the grave. building techniques of granite has been calculated intricately. and so on. . . .

Also it was written about Hiram Bingham, who was an american explorer and founder of Machu Picchu at 1911. it was also described with some pictures that when it was discovered, Machu Picchu was the ruins that was collapsed.

I also went to the botanical gardens on this site.




I returned on foot to the Machu Picchu village. it was about 30 minutes by walking.



Lunch

I ate ceviche for lunch.
I had already eaten seafood ceviche in Nazca which is near the sea, but I could eat river fish ceviche in Machu Picchu of mountain district.
It was not sour unlike the one of seafood. it was easy to eat and very delicious.

My train was evening departure, so I spent the time lazily until then.


I had a cup of coffee in the restaurant where I had failed to eat pizza at lunch of the previous day.

I bought souvenirs.

ATM

I had a bit of problem here.
I tried to withdraw money using credit card at the ATM. but I couldn't do it displaying the message of "Service Temporarily unavailable.".
I could have used ATM several times in Peru by the time. and it was also impossible to going to the limit of credit card. why?
As I was afraid whether there was any trouble on the credit card, I was thinking that I had to spend the rest of my travel by only sols and dollars carried in my purse.

Train

In the return train to Cusco, I sit with japanese couple who had come in honeymoon, and spent talking with them.

I saw folk dance of "Sakura" or fashion show in the train.



I came back to Cusco on the transfer to the bus.
I was looking at the starry sky in the bus. I found a shooting star at that time.

After arriving at Cusco, I went to the hotel, ate dinner at McDonalds, and slept.

○ Hostal Rojas

○ I ate McPOLLO in McDonalds which menu is not in Japan.


Next: Machu Picchu Travel #15 - The seventh day (5.3) #1, Flight from Cusco to Lima.

See from beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment