Saturday, May 18, 2013

Machu Picchu Travel #16 - The seventh day (5.3) #2, Flight from Cusco to Lima.

Japanese Korean

The diary of seventh day second half starts from airplane from Cusco to Lima.

Airplane

The airplane delayed 30 minutes, but I arrived at Lima.

I used green taxi again at the airport of Lima. it was 55 sol to the hotel of Miraflores Lodge which I booked beforehand.

Hotel Miraflores Lodge

I had decided this hotel seeing the review and price at the Miraflores district. it was $ 58 per night - the most expensive hotel in this travel. but Miraflores district was expensive overall and I must have been tired, so I have chosen this hotel.


(I) Excuse me-, I have a reservation.
(Hotel staff) Yes yes your reservation has been registered. but you will stay not here, but another hotel. this hotel is subsidiary of corona hotel. corona hotel is 3 blocks over there. go straight.
(I) I understand.



Colon Hotel

3 blocks was very far. I found the one that seemed it. . .

(I) Excuse me, here is the hotel where I will stay? I have a reservation of Miraflores Lodge and its staff told me to come to this.

(Hotel staff) I will check soon. please wait.
・・・
(Hotel staff) Then I will do the check-in procedure. do you pay cash or card?

For ATM problem, I had already switched to the card payment strategy.

(I) I'll pay card.
(Hotel staff) Could you show me your credit card?
She printed this sheet using emboss of my card.

(Hotel staff) Well, please sign your name.

The sheet which I signed was put away.
I always stay in a cheap hotel, so I did not have treated the card like this. I was worried a little. . . .

I'll show you to your room.

Bellboy built a luggage stand and put my luggage on it.
I always stay in a cheap hotel, so I did not have treated the luggage like this. I was very worried.

There was a bathtub in shower room, so I could take a bath this evening.

And as I saw my guidebook, I found this hotel.
Miraflores Colon
4-star, middle class, single room: $120 per night.
.
Wait. I want to stay at the hotel of $58 per night. no, I even splurged on it.
Though I had decided all hotels during my travel seeing such review sites as tripadvisor, I already failed once in Machu Picchu.
I was extremely worried whether it was a scam. so I went to the counter in a hurry.

(I) Excuse me. how much is my room? I booked the hotel of Miraflores lodge for $58, and I am here. I am worried whether there is a mistake.
(Hotel staff) I can check it. . . . it's ok. your charge is $58.
(I) Thank you so much.

I don't know why, but I got nice hotel for the planned price. I was relieved.

so, I went out for sightseeing.

Huaca pucllana

At first I went to this historic ruins.
It seemed that this was the ruins of ancient Lima culture between 200 A.D. to 700 A.D. I saw it at the museum in Nazca that Nazca Lines was constructed from 500 B.C. to 500 A.D.. it seems that there are some duplicate period of the two

As we were able to watch inside only by guide tour, I had to wait 20 minutes.



My english skill was so poor as I only pretended to listen. . . .

There were cuy (left picture) and llama (right picture).

It was pity that I could not understand english well, but I enjoyed to walk the site.

Larco Mar

Next destination was the shopping mall called Larco Mar.


Though it was too late for lunch and too early for dinner, I took meal here.
I ate rib.
It was very delicious.

I also saw the sunset there.

As it was colder suddenly after the sun sank. I went back to the hotel to pick up the jacket.

Next dirary is the night view of Lima.

Next: Machu Picchu Travel #17 - The seventh day (5.3) #3, Flight from Cusco to Lima.

See from beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment