Sunday, May 12, 2013

Machu Picchu Travel #7 - The fourth day (4.30) #1, Cusco arrival by bus, then walking around Cusco.


Schedule

○Bus
  4.29 21:15 NAZCA → 11:45 CUSCO
  * I reserved the seat of Presidential Bed Service on TEPSA

○Hotel
  Hostal El Triunfo (Cusco)

I was planning to have arrived at Cusco around noon by the night bus, and to do sightseeing in Cusco city.

Duration of this bus was 14 and a half hours. The distance from Nazca bus terminal (mark B in the picture) to Cusco bus terminal (mark C in the picture) is 600km. moreover,  the altitude of Cusco is 3,400m compared with 600m of Nazca's altitude, so the difference in elevation is 2,800m.

Midnight bus

It was just me who boarded the night bus in Nazca. the seats were full but the aisle front row seat, which was mine.
Because I drank two bottle of beer, so I slept as soon as I sit down. zzzz. . . .

But I woke up by a terrible shaking around 1:00 midnight.
The bus started to climb the Andes.
I was swaying to the right, and to the left, and to the right. . . .

the old guy seating my next clung the handrail penetrating to my seat, so I couldn't fix the straight posture. my full stomach in the meat and beer eaten at dinner was also swaying.
So I got motion sickness and went to the toilet.

I didn't have medicine because I had put it into a backpack inside bus trunk. to make matter worse,  I had still drunk on alcohol.
I had bad feeling and headache. eventually I was swaying without sleep for a while.

But I think I was sleeping a little. about 2 hours before the wake up in the middle of the night, and about 3 hours of dawn.

When we took a break at the bus terminal, I bought a bread because I was so hungry.
The seat with red pillow was my seat.
It was a little narrow.

Chicken sandwich. it was very delicious.

Immediately after I had finished eating, I took another sandwich in the car service. as if it was waiting for me to finish eating. I threw it in the bag as it is.

The scenery after that was very nice.

○Landscape of the Andes






○City of Cusco


Though it was a little late than scheduled time, I arrived at Cusco bus terminal a little after 12:30.

Next: Machu Picchu Travel #8 - The fourth day (4.30) #2, Cusco arrival by bus, then walking around Cusco.

See from beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment