Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Machu Picchu Travel #13 - The sixth day (5.2) #1, Huaynapicchu Climing in Machu Picchu, then to Cusco.

Japanese Korean

Schedule

○Train
  17:27 Machu Picchu → 21:15 CUSCO
  * Train type: Vistadome ($84)

○Hotel
  Hostal Rojas (Cusco)

Second day of Machu Picchu. On that day I started out in the early morning, and climbed the Huayna Picchu mountain in Machu Picchu.
And I came back to Cusco by evening train.

Breakfast

I got up early 5 o'clock in the morning.
My washing things were still wet. so I would pack these things in plastic and brought to Cusco just as it was.

Breakfast.
Small pancake was delicious in any hotel I had eaten in this travel.

After eating, I checked out. I went to Machu Picchu by bus again.

Machu Picchu mountain climbing

I had bought the admission ticket of Machu Picchu with which I would climb Huayna Picchu at group 1 (entering from 7:00 to 8:00)

Arriving at Machu Picchu about 6:30, I went to the entrance of Huayna Picchu.


waiting the entrance, the sun was rising.
It was the best day to climb.

So it was starting to climbing.

I showed my passport to the guards at the entrance, signed entrance sheets, so entered.

I lined up at the end of the column, but I entered at 7:17 and 41th.
By the way, it seems that admission limit of Huayna Picchu is 400 people per day as group 1 (entering  from 7:00 to 8:00) is 200 people and group 2 (entering from 10:00 to 11:00) is also 200 people.




It became steeper from here.

Very nice view.



Scary.

I still climbed.

Is this a way in the past?

A little more.

Finally I arrived at the summit.



I was glad that I could see the great scenery.

Now, get down.


I could safely get down the mountain.
As I signed 9:47 at the exit, it took two and a half hours to climb.
The people of group 2 entering at 10:00 were waiting outside.







And I left Machu Picchu.

Next: Machu Picchu Travel #14 - The sixth day (5.2) #2, Huaynapicchu Climing in Machu Picchu, then to Cusco.

See from beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment