Saturday, May 18, 2013

Machu Picchu Travel #18 - The eighth day (5.4) #1, Lima sightseeing during the day, then return home by the night flight.

Japanese Korean

Schedule

○Flight
  22:55 LIM (Lima: Jorge Chávez Intl Airport) → 5.5 5:50 MIA (Miami: Miami Intl Airport)
  5.5 10:30 MIA (Miami: Miami Intl Airport) → 5.5 12:50 ORD  (Chicago: O'Hare Intl Airport)
  5.5 13:45 ORD (Chicago: O'Hare Intl Airport) → 5.6 16:40 NRT (Tokyo: Narita Intl Airport)
  * All Flights are American Airlines.

This day was the last day of my travel. I will return to japan in the night-flight.
I'm going to Lima sightseeing whole day.

Breakfast

Breakfast in the hotel, it was very delicious.

After that, I checked out and asked to keep luggage.
The price was $58 and also I payed by the card.

Historic Centre of Lima

The first destination by taxi was Centro Lima which I also went yesterday.

In this old city district, there remain large amount of buildings which Spaniard who had conquer Inca Empire in 16th century built during 16th-19th century. it is also recognized as a world heritage site.

○ Plaza de Armas and Cathedral / Presidential Palace
Cathedral and Presidential Palace are situated facing the square of Plaza de Armas which is the center of the Centro Lima.


○ Santo Domingo church, monastery
I arrived at the church walking one block.
It was allowed to take pictures.



○ Museo de la Inquisición
Next place I went was Museo de la Inquisición.

After Spaniard had conquered the Inca Empire, they compelled people to convert to christianity.
The museum explained terrible torture was accompanied to the extortion.


After that I bought a plum and munched it.

○ La Meruse church

○ Torre Tagure Palace

○ Atmosphere of the city

And it was close to 12:00.
I went to see the changing of the guard at Presidential Palace starting at noon.

○ the changing of the guard

I took movie. (a little hard to see. . . )

1. Admission scene
Around 50 seconds in this movie, timing of the bell of cathedral which tells 12 o'clock was perfect.

2. March
The angle of the gun was all together. I like the move from 2:30 in this movie very much.

3. Panoramic view of Plaza de Armas

I watched the cathedral after that. (no photo in the cathedral)

Let's go lunch.

to be concluded.

Next: Machu Picchu Travel #19 - The eighth day (5.4) #2, Lima sightseeing during the day, then return home by the night flight.

See from beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment