Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Machu Picchu Travel #12 - The fifth day (5.1) #3, Departure to Machu Picchu by train in early morning, Machu Picchu sightseeing, then stay there.

Japanese Korean

To Machu Picchu village

As I finished to see Machu Picchu, I came back by bus to the foot of the mountain.

I had plans to go to Machu Picchu Museum after watching Machu Picchu this day. and I had bought  the ticket of "MachuPicchu + MUSEO". (on the other hand, I also bought the ticket of "MachuPicchu + Huaynapicchu" for the second day to climb Huayna Picchu mountain.) so when I got on the return bus, I said "MUSEO" to the staff (MUSEO means museum). I had known that I could get off the bus near the museum before the bus arrived at Machu Picchu village.

I waited in the bus as I didn't know where the bus stopped. but I had arrived at Machu Picchu village in the end.
I didn't know why the bus did not stop and returned to the foot village. the staff whom I told might not have told the bus driver or the bus driver dare not to stop as it was late.
I wasted much time in daytime and it was already 16 o'clock. moreover museum was closed at 16:30. I thought that it was too late to go to the museum, so the bus driver dare not to stop. . . .

Hotel

I went again to the hotel of 'Sol de Oro' which I booked.
The door was locked as well as when I came some time ago. the window was still open.

I checked the ticket I've been printed.
Check-In: 10:00~
Check-Out: ~9:00
Single Room: $30
No Show: 100%

What's going on?

My bag was still left at the station, but it's no problem because station staff said to me "come back untill 19 o'clock, this station is closed at 7 pm.".
I decided to go to the next destination which was the hot spring of Machu Picchu village.
I had brought my swimsuit in my bag, but it was still in the station. so I rent it.

Stand

When I was going to the hot spring, I found the stand of snack.
It was anticucho which is grilled skewered meat of beef heart.

After that, I arrived at hot springs.

Hot springs

Hot springs was located at the end of the village.
As you can see whole view in a photograph as below, it was like a pool.
There was a place for keeping luggage for a period of time, and it could be locked in one sol and take a hot springs with the key tied with a wooden float. so I did.


There were a few locals in the hot springs, and the majority were Europeans and Americans. There were also a lot of young couples.

But water was tepid. it was unsatisfactory to soak comfortably. 
"Kakeyu" which means hot water falling down to the head or the back were very hot, so I used kakeyu many times. and also just before leaving.

It was 5:30 when I left the hot spring. so I went to the station and took my luggage.

Finally I went to the hotel with my luggage, but in vain.
As I was afraid whether the cost of 'no show' was charged, I searched another hotel using guidebook.
I decided the cheapest hotel in this book, which was $40 per night in single.

* supplementation *
After I came back home, I mailed the site of Booking.com which I had booked this hotel and no fee was required.

Machu Picchu Hostal

(I) Excuse me. I would like to stay this night.
(Hotel staff) Yes of course. is it all right in a single room?
(I) I found this hotel in this guidebook. and it is written that single room is $40 per night. is it right?
(Hotel staff) Yes, Single room is $40.
(I) Well, so please.

I got my room.
I took out the laundry from the luggage and hung it in the room. after that I went out to eat dinner.

Dinner

Lively music was heard outside.
The band performance was held at Plaza de Armas.
It seemed to do a festival in Machu Picchu on this day.

I ate dinner at a restaurant facing the plaza.
It was the best seat to see the outside performance.
Alpaca meat was also delicious.

Outside was very lively, and the music was blaring until late at night.

Next: Machu Picchu Travel #13 - The sixth day (5.2) #1, Huaynapicchu Climing in Machu Picchu, then to Cusco.

See from beginning

No comments:

Post a Comment